Friday, December 24, 2010

air bandung

Air Bandung & Ice-Blended Green Apple Milkshake

If you happen to be looking for barstools for your bar counter or even for your kitchen island (which I was recently), check out this link Barstools, and you might just be able to find what you're looking for! I was browsing through the website of CSN Store recently and I am really amazed at the wide range of products it carries online, ranging from furniture to home deco to houseware to kids' stuff and many more!!

Talking about barstools, I can't help but relate it to drinks. The weather has been somewhat unpredictable these days. It gets really, really hot in the afternoon and then a sudden heavy downpour in the evening or at night. Since my house faces the West direction, I get afternoon/evening sun and often, the sun doesn't set till about 6.45pm or 7pm! Imagine how warm it can get when you live in a country near the equator line! Anyway, to cool it down from the effect of the warm weather, thought I'll share in this post two very simple drinks I made today using milk. The first one is 'air bandung', which is a very popular and great-tasting drink that can be found at many street/roadside stalls in Malaysia and the second one, ice-blended green apple milkshake.


Air Bandung - One of my favorite local drinks that's made up of rose essence, sugar syrup, milk and red food coloring.

1 cup milk (full fat is better!)
1/2 cup water
4-5 drops red food coloring (I use Wilton)
6-7 drops rose essence
1.5 tbsps sugar
Mix everything in a pot and bring to quick, short boil. Taste and add more sugar if preferred. Turn off heat and let it cool completely. Pour in a jug and refrigerate. To serve, pour in a glass and add ice cubes.
Green Apple Milkshake - In reality, I don't like eating apples as they are. Ironically, I've just planted a small apple tree which I bought at a market back in my hometown, Melaka. Unlike mango trees, apple trees are not known to be able to grow in crazy hot Malaysia but who knows! Anyway, I decided to turn my leftover Granny Smith green apples into milkshake instead. I didn't have a recipe, so I basically just added milk, ice cubes and sugar syrup, and blend away! I must say that it is refreshing and personally for me, much better that munching away a whole apple.

1 green apple
1 cup milk
10 cubes of ice
1.5 tbsps of sugar dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
Mix everything and blend away!!
Happy drinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment